Limousine Insurance in Vermont
What is limousine insurance?
Limousine operators are exposed to multiple risks, especially when driving on Vermont’s curvy and too-often snowy roads. From an accident to a break-in, limousine insurance can help drivers financially protect themselves against many of the risks that they face.
Limousine insurance is commercial vehicle insurance that’s tailor-made for public livery vehicles. Policies take into account the vehicles that limo companies drive and services that they offer.
What businesses in Vermont should have limo insurance?
Businesses that offer chauffeur or limousine services in Vermont should look into limo insurance. Businesses that serve the general public, corporate clients and celebrities all may need the insurance.
Moreover, chauffeurs usually can purchase the insurance regardless of whether their owner-operators, small businesses or statewide companies. All types of businesses can generally benefit from having insurance.
What kinds of vehicles can limousine policies cover?
Limousine policies often can extend coverage to the various vehicle types that a limousine or chauffeur service would drive. Coverages are commonly available for traditional limos, stretch limos, SUV limos, limo buses, SUVs, town cars and more.
An insurance agent who specializes in these policies can help limousine operators make sure all of their vehicles are properly covered.
What coverages do limousine policies offer?
For covered vehicles, limousine policies typically provide a combination of protections. These may include:
- General Liability Coverage, which may cover non-car (e.g. slip-and-fall) accidents and some other basic risks
- Personal Injury Limousine Coverage, which may cover non-driver injuries that are sustained during a car accident
- Bodily Injury Limousine Coverage, which may cover driver injuries that are sustained during a car accident
- Property Damage Liability Coverage, which may cover damage to customer property that occurs in a car accident
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage, which may cover accidents involving insufficiently insured drivers
- Employment Practices Liability Coverage, which may cover accusations of discrimination that employees allege
Should luxury rideshare drivers purchase limo insurance?
Limo insurance is normally restricted to professional chauffeurs and limousine operators. Even if rideshare drivers offer premium services on apps, they’re usually still considered rideshare drivers. A rideshare endorsement added onto a personal auto insurance policy, or a rideshare-specific insurance policy is likely more important.
Should taxi drivers purchase limo insurance?
Likewise, taxi drivers will probably find that taxi insurance is more suited to their coverage needs. Limo policies are usually reserved for vehicles that provide premium chauffeur services.
An agent who’s familiar with limousine policies can also assist in finding taxi insurance (or rideshare insurance) policies.
How much does insuring a limousine cost?
The insurance premiums charged for limousine policies are based on many factors and thus vary. Some details that typically impact price are the types of vehilces being insured, the number of vehicles insured, where vehicles are parked when not being driven, and drivers’ recent histories.
Because premiums are based on many factors, chauffeurs can save on limousine coverage costs in several ways. Some common strategies include:
- Hiring experienced drivers who have clean driving records
- Parking vehicles in secured locations
- Checking for discounts (e.g. loyalty, fleet or claims-free discounts)
- Comparing policies with an independent insurance agent
An independent agent can help compare customized quotes from multiple companies, as they’re not obligated to any one insurer.
How can chauffeurs in Vermont get limousine insurance?
If you need assistance insuring limousines that are registered in Vermont, contact the independent insurance agents at T.S. Peck Insurance. Our agents have helped many commercial drivers insure their vehicles, and we have the expertise necessary to help you find the right limousine insurance policy for your limousines and similar vehicles.